Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring is finally arriving

Those of you that live in Lou know how cool of a spring we have been having; it has just felt like an extension of winter.  We hit the 80's this week (for the first time this year, I think), and it was so nice!  Unfortunately, we are back in the 50's today, but we will try to ignore that.  So the girls and I were outside quite a bit this week. Oh, it was wonderful!  These are pictures from Tuesday (I think); we headed out after nap a little before 4, and did not come in until 7:30 (a late bedtime bc we were having so much fun)!

 
 We started with a little picnic snack on our side yard.


 Sweet Lily eating graham crackers!


My girls!

Then we got out the spin art that Cecilia
got for Christmas!

Lily's turn!
As you can see by the stream of ink coming out
and the look of her picture, you can tell Lily was a 
little heavy handed.

A couple of the final products!
 


Then we headed out back, so I could prepare dinner
while they played.  I'll let you guess whose plate is whose!



A little sandbox fun....



Both girls usually play from the outside like the above
pictures, and Lily HATED it last year if I tried to stick her feet
in it.  So this time, I just mentioned to Lily that
could get all the way in if she wanted, and the next thing 
I knew I saw this!  And she said "Look momma,
I put mu feet in 'dare'!"

They both ended up FILTHY, mostly with sand EVERYWHERE!  My favorite was the sand embedded in their scalps!  Needless to say, it became a bath night!  But what a fun afternoon we had!






No comments: