Monday, September 22, 2008

Late getting this started

We are a little behind in getting this set up for Cecilia, so I will try to catch everyone up briefly with a few short posts. Cecilia Grace was born close to 5 weeks early the morning of June 13, 2008. I had no real complications during my pregnancy (other than showing some signs of preterm labor through about half of it). Cecilia came into the world weighing all of 5 lbs 3 oz and 18 inches long and left the hospital at 4 lbs 14 oz! She was sooooo tiny!

Cecilia did wonderfully. We were truly blessed; she did not have to spend a minute in the NICU and did not require any special care. It took her a bit to catch on to eating. By the end of her first day, she had only latched on once. We were told that if she wasn't eating by morning that we'd have to discuss a feeding tube. I was bound and determined to get her eating that night. So my mom stayed with me to help, and we had a power night of nursing. We didn't get any sleep, but by morning Cecilia was pretty much nursing like a champ! Our lactation consultant said she had never even seen a 36 weeker (she was a 35 weeker) nurse as well as she did. Other than being being little and taking a little extra work to get her nursing, she was pretty much just like a normal, term newborn! She stayed in my room with me the whole time and was even discharged a few hours before I was, just two days after she was born.

Here are a few pics from the hospital:

With my mom, "Bess."


With Daddy


Getting mad while I try clothes on her
that were WAYYYY to big for her!



No comments: