Well, I am proud to announce that we now have a communicating little baby! Over the weekend she started signing "more" when she wants more food. At first I wasn't sure if she was really doing it, she would kind of bang her hands together after I showed her (and said) the sign. Then if we asked, without signing, if she wanted more, she would do it on her own. Now she will often do it without any prompting and frequently after each bite!:) Christian got a good video of it tonight at dinner that I will include. It is getting hard to end meals because she keeps signing more! Her sign isn't perfect, but it will come. This is so exciting; it makes her much more like a real little person! Now I am really going to start working with her on others signs. Another cute thing she has started doing is repeating kissing sounds after you - like if I kiss her feet three times, she will then make a "kissing" sound three times. She is turning into our little sponge!
Cecilia also had her First Steps evaluation today. She did not qualify, and it does not sound like she was even close. I have mixed feelings on that. I am glad she was not behind enough to warrant services, but at the same time, I was kind of looking forward to her being seen regularly by a developmental professional. Delay or not, I think it could have only benefited her. Anyway, she is a little behind in gross motor skills, but she is actually ahead in fine motor skills, and he seemed to be really impressed with her "language." Without going into the long detail of it all, she is fine; she should just need some additional encouragement/motivation to get going in the crawling area. The evaluator gave us several exercises to do that should help her along. So we will see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Cecilia!!!
Post a Comment