We also had Cecilia's one year pictures taken, as well as some family pictures. I have found it is much more difficult to get a good picture once your baby is mobile! She spent a good portion of the time crawling around, climbing in and out of props, trying to push props across the room, etc... We got the CD with the pictures, but I had to take it back to the studio today, so they could fix something, so when I get it back I will post some of the pictures. I already transferred one of the family shots to our computer, so I'll put that up as a teaser!
Cecilia is talking much more, and she is not saying typical first words like, "mama," "dog," "ball," etc... She is saying "graham cracker" (which sounds like "gan caca") and "finished" ("ished") and "thank you" ("ank" - she has quite gotten the "you" part yet). She is saying daddy though, which is more like "didi." She has picked back up on learning sign language, so I am trying to be better at teaching her. She has been really doing "finished" lately, and just this week, she has started doing it on her own (not just mimicking us). The last couple days she has been signing and saying it at the same time; it is so cute! I also have a little song I sing her, and the last couple weeks she has started "singing" along with it, and that is so cute as well!
Since the weather was so nice today, we went outside to play as a big girl for the first time. We took her walking toy out, and she walked it up and down the sidewalk. She wasn't sure about walking in shoes, but once she got used to it, it was okay, but you could tell her gait was a little off b/c of it. She also fell and almost got her first skinned knee. The concrete left white scratched on both knees, and there was a dot of blood on one, but I don't think it counts. She has also been taking more steps on her own lately. I have gotten her to take 5-7 at a time this week, many times in a row. You have to catch her at the right time though - when she thinks it is fun to walk, not fun to lunge and fall to you.
Cecilia has not been using her "discard pile" lately, so I thought that phase was over. She's just been leaving the unwanted food on her tray. Then today I gave her some cheese, and it ended up in the old "discard pile." Then I thought back and came to the conclusion that the discard pile is pretty much just for cheese! Odd. It is simply hilarious to watch her put the food in there! She doesn't fuss, get upset, etc... She just picks through her food and then drops it in there without even looking!
Touching back on the bottle carrying subject from my last post. It is not just bottles now; she will usually find an odd "treasure" somewhere in the house and carry it around with her for the rest of the day. The most recent ones have been trial packets of diaper reach cream (0ne for each hand), a change purse, and to-go olive oil packets (thanks Jenna!). Cecilia definitely keeps us entertained these days!
Walking, walking, walking
She does more sitting than riding this way
A small airplane had been flying around and caught her attention.
I think this is the first time she has really noticed
an airplane and watched it. Papa would be proud!
Her almost skinned knee; you have to look close! The little red
mark at the top of her knee is where the dot of blood was.

1 comment:
My new header pics are from the 6 month pics we had done - she had just found her feet like a week before that, so I think she's holding her feet in like 90% of the pics.
I kind of cheat on the header - I can't ever decide on just one picture, so I put some together in powerpoint and save it as a single jpeg file and put it on blogger as one picture - I'm sure there is a better way but this has worked for me so far.
I can't believe how fast Cecilia is walking - she is booking it on her way back towards you in that video. The family pic is great - I can't wait to see more!
Post a Comment