The week before last Cecilia was very sick. It was an awful week for all of us. It started with a very sudden, high fever of 102.8 on Tuesday. Along with that came a very fussy, pitiful little girl. She really had no other symptoms at that point. By Wednesday afternoon, she was still running a high fever that was not staying down with medicine, and she was getting more and more pitiful. So we took her to the doctor; turned out she had a double ear infection. I am so glad we took her in that day because she woke up that night in the middle of the night crying like she has never before; it wasn't a hard pain like cry; it was just a "I am so miserable, I don't know what to do with myself" kind of cry. I got her up, and she was the hottest little thing I have ever felt. It almost burnt me when she would touch my skin. I felt helpless because she wasn't due for any medicine yet, and there just wasn't much I could do for her. We stripped her down to her diaper and put a damp cloth on her forehead and back. She ended up snuggling up with me and letting me rock her back to sleep. I do not remember the last time I was able to rock her to sleep! Her fever seemed to be a little better the next day (Th), but her mood was much worse. She cried most of the day. Then Friday, her fever was back up to 102.5! We called the doc and decided to wait until the morning and take her in then if she still had a fever. She woke up the next morning without a fever, but she had an odd rash on her forehead. We decided to go ahead and take her in, and by the time we got to the office, the rash had covered her face, stomach, and back! I was so glad we were there! Turns out she had Roseola (a virus) in addition to the double ear infection! On top of all of that, her two bottom molars starting poking through that week too! By Sunday night, our baby girl was finally back. It was such a welcomed change; taking care of a sick baby is hard work!!!
Since then, she has been working pretty hard on walking and talking. She repeats us all the time and seems to be surprising us with new words everyday. She is started to walk while she is playing without any encouragement. Multiple times yesterday she walked from one toy to another without any prompting. Along with the walking, she has also started climbing this week! I don't think I am ready for that! She tried to climb into Elise's (the baby girl I watch) exersaucer today and onto the couch. She signs "more" for almost anything she needs help with; I am trying ot teach her the sign "help." So if she wants us to turn on a toy, read her a book, open the blinds, etc... she just goes to it and signs "more," which for her these days is clapping her hands together a couple of times. I feel like she is the little princess of the house that crawls around clapping her hands to get what she wants, like "chop chop"! But like my mom said, it is better than her screaming for it or yanking on the blinds.
My little Roseola!!!
You will probably be able to see the rash better if you click
on the picture to make it larger.

Playing with Mazie, which is one of her favorite things.
But maybe not Mazie's!
Walking! Look at that determined face!

Playing with Brendan in our pool.
Walking on video. Usually by the time we get
the camera out she has already been walking a while,
so she is about "done" in this video.
No comments:
Post a Comment