At Cecilia's 18 month appt (back in Dec), her doctor asked how she did using silverware. Embarrassingly, I told her that I did not give her alot opportunity to use one b/c when I did, food went everywhere. She told me that lots of moms are that way and not to worry about it (she could tell how bad I felt about it). I did not have Elise the week of or after Christmas, so I decided I would take that time to let her "go at it." I was so surprised! She did so well - both using silverware and bowls and plates. She was very proud of herself too. Then at my parent's one night the other week, we were eating dinner and Brendan was in the highchair, so I tried Cecilia in a booster at the table. She did great again! So we ordered her a nice personalized placemat, and she had her first dinner at our table a couple nights ago! Her original highchair converts to a booster; you can take the back off too, but have decided to keep it on for now. Here are some pics documenting the meal!
Oh! After about killing herself last night at dinner by pushing off the hinge thing under the table and about knocking herself backward on the floor, she has now moved to another new spot. The only place she can fit under without having anything to push off of is at the end of the table. It is not really the best spot b/c they way we have it set up is two place setting across from one another and only four chairs. So with her moving to the end, it leaves one long side with only one chair and her either against a window or in the middle of the kitchen. Oh well! It is just one more way having a child has messed with the decor in my house!:)
Happy at her new spot (the original one)!

Her new placemat

With Daddy at dinner

So proud using a fork; I will say though, she still
uses her hands for most of the meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment