But anyway, years ago (before I even had kids) a great friend of mine gave me the great idea to give my kids three piggy banks - 1) fun money, 2) savings, and 3) charity. I was so excited about this and another great friend of mine made them for Cecilia on her second bday (note to self, I still need to get Lily's!). I have not done a great job about putting money in them, or really even talking to her about them, but that is changing as of now! I had always thought we'd take the money out over the holidays and pick a child from the Angel Tree about her age and go shopping for them. But Cecilia's class was apparently sponsoring a family, so she came home with the ppwk, and we went out shopping. I didn't even think about using her piggy bank money. So we are out, and I am trying to explain the whole reasoning behind the presents we were buying, etc..., and she starts asking me about a coin donation container at the front of the store that was for the Children's Miracle Network, and then on the way out of the store, she asked me about the person ringing the bell. I explained it all to her and then decided I should keep a bunch of loose change in the car for occasions like this. And then it hit me! No, she should empty her piggy bank and carry around her OWN money for occasions like this!
Her money, purse, and charity piggy bank
All set for an outing!
She is really excited about this project, and
so am I!
So since this is Cecilia's first year really getting into wanting Santa to bring her presents, and since she has learned to write this year, it seems only fitting to have her write her first letter to Santa.
So proud of her letter and map.
This was taken correctly,
so I am not sure why Blogger flipped it!:(
Her letter says "Santa, Please get me a stuffie! Cecilia"
She added the exclamation point all on her own!
And on the left is a map of the "United States of America"
for Santa to use. The big red one is Alaska bc
"that is the biggest state, you know?"
She was kind of done with the project at this point,
so I helped her write the envelope.
Walking to the mail box.
And sending it off!
I was going to let it go, but I didn't have
the heart, so I ran out at nap time and took
it out to have as a keepsake!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment