Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just call me Fern


Cecilia continues to like to pick out her clothes and dress herself.  She actually usually does a very good job and picks out outfits (including socks and shoes) as well as I would, but every once in a while she comes out in something a little crazy!  Like in her mind, if two things have pink in them (no matter the shade) they match, so she will put on hot pink shoes with a mauve dress and light pink dress bc it is all pink!  Then on the flip side, she wants to match so much it bites me in the hind end.  Like she will have on some regular outfit, and I will tell her to put on her brown shoes, and she will not want to wear them bc she does not have any brown in her outfit, so I try to explain that sometimes things don't have to match, they just "go together."

Anyway, depending on the day and what we are doing, will determine whether or not I ask her to "adjust" her outfit.  So this morning, she comes out in this.....kelly green leggings with a light green shirt.  Not exactly what I would have picked out, but it could be worse.  I considered "helping" her find something that goes together a little better, and then she said to me, "Just call me Fern, Mommy!" with a huge smile on her face.  And at that moment, I decided that was her outfit for the day!

You see Fern is a character in one of her books.  A friend of mine suggested starting to read chapter books with Cecilia, so we gave her a few for Christmas.  I was not sure how she would take to them, but let's just say we are almost finished with our ninth one in less than two months!  At first she wanted to know where the pictures were and very much looked forward to the few that are in each book, but she quickly took to them and now loves them!  Fern is from a series called the Rainbow Fairies, and there is a fairy for each color of the rainbow, and if you can guess Fern is for green!

And how do you like Lily trying to zoom into the picture!

No comments: