Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crawlin' Girl!

With much hard work and perseverance (for all of us), Cecilia is conquering crawling! As I have said in previous posts, she has been making tremendous progress the last couple of weeks and has been army crawling (dragging herself with her arms) a few feet at a time recently. This morning I put her down and enticed her with an oatmeal can, and much to my surprise she went straight to her hands and knees and made it several feet. I continued that and got a little bit on camera and will post it below. I have to say I am pretty impressed with her form and coordination for her first time up on all fours; it kind of came out of no where. I think she has had the ability to do it for a long time, but it has taken time for her to build up the confidence and motivation to do it. She also seemed to really be enjoying it, so I am curious to see how much she will do it on her own now instead of having to be enticed.


Sunday was a beautiful day, so we headed out to the park for a picnic lunch/dinner, a walk, and swinging. Since Christian was with us to help, we took Mazie too. It was the first time for Mazie and Cecilia to ride in the back seat together (Mazie usually rides in the passenger seat with me). Mazie was not a fan; with the car seat in the middle, it did not leave much room for her to get comfortable. So on the way home, I sat in the back and let Mazie have the front!

Cecilia loves to get into the laundry basket and pull out the clothes

The girl will try to stand up on anything!


Found her first electrical cord!


Her first time feeding herself food with tomato sauce!
More crib adventures....the little stinker is trying to get
her baptismal cross off the wall, so we had to take it down.

Again, I don't know how to flip pics on here.
She is sound asleep.

On the way to the park

Picnic lunch. Christian was not mad; he was chewing!




Crawling this evening


With crawling and pulling up comes getting stuff off tables
and getting into funny places.
She really likes coasters
Standing back up!

I have a better video that was taken just before this one,
but it was too long to upload. She crawled much more and better
in the other one, but this one will have to do for now!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yay for crawling!! I can't wait to see Cecilia (and you!)this weekend and I hope your trip isn't too much harder since she is mobile now.

Oh - I flip my pictures on the computer before I put them on blogger.