Sunday, May 31, 2009

11 months old!


Okay, so I know Cecilia has been 11 months old for a couple weeks, but I am just getting to posting on it. She did not have a doctor's appt this month, so I am assuming she weighs around 19 lbs. She has been eating like crazy for the last week, so who knows, she could be more. She is still wearing size 3 diapers, and fits really well in 6-12 month clothes, but just about all of the summer clothes I bought her are 12-18 month, so she has been wearing them slightly on the big side. She is eating really well and rarely gets baby food. Lately, I feed her cereal with fruit for breakfast, and then for the rest of the day she gets finger foods. Sign language seems to have taken a back seat lately, but I read that is common when they are tackling a milestone, and she has definitely been doing that the last couple of weeks. She is now completely mobile; she crawls anywhere and everywhere, and she has pretty much master cruising. She is also jibber-jabbering quite a bit now too. It is really neat how the sounds have changed to really mimic real conversation.

We just got back from a very busy weekend. We watched Brendan on Saturday, which we don't usually do, and then went to my parents' river house for the night and boated and swam all day today. So Saturday I was inside with both babies and packing us all up for the night while Christian ran errands and worked in the yard. Then we got all loaded up (our car was practically full, and we were only gone a day and a half!) and caravanned with my mom, John and Jennie and the kids to the "Harbour House." My dad and Marilou met us there later separately after work.

Today Cecilia had her first boat ride. She looked so cute and funny in her little life jacket! And she really seemed to LOVE it! I am so glad. She was ultra relaxed the whole time; she just sat with me and soaked it all in! She went out twice for probably close to two hours total and only got fussy at the end of the first ride only because it was past lunch time - oops! She also got to go swimming at an outdoor pool for the first time too. And she seemed to really enjoy that as well. It was a little cool in the water, but she did not seem to mind. After being in the water a little bit, she was reaching out of my arms and had her litle legs going trying to swim on her own. I also stood her up on the side and helped her jump in several times, and she got the biggest smile on her face! I think she is definitely going to be my little water baby! It was a very busy but very nice weekend with the family!

We have found that Cecilia loves to play with magazines!

This is her cheezy smile that she puts on sometimes when she sees the camera.

Cheezy smile again!

Opening her first birthday gift from John, Jennie, Alexandra, and Elijah
at the river this weekend since they can't make her party.


Family picture - too bad the babies aren't looking and dad's eyes are closed!

This is one of the funniest pictures ever! My mom and
I had our cameras on timer, so hers caught a similar picture
just a few seconds before this one. We had all been posing
like the picture above, and Elijah had binoculars in his hand.
They dropped on my head, and then my mom
tried to catch them, but then just ended up knocking them,
so they fell on Cecilia's head. That part is not funny;
she cried, but she is fine. But we just laughed forever at the
pictures capturing the moment though. This picture was taken
when Cecilia was still in the silent portion of her scream. Mom and I are
trying to help Cecilia. Christian, John, Jennie and Marilou
are trying to figure out what is going on. Elijah is like, "I didn't do it."
And dad and Alexandra are still oblivious just smiling away!


Humpty Dumpty was her name for the day!


Can you tell we got a hoot out of her in the life jacket!

1 comment:

Jill said...

love the new header pic! sounds like y'all had a great weekend.