Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a hoot!

I think Christian and I have had more entertain and more laughs as parents the last few days than ever before. Cecilia has definitely entered a whole new developmental phase; it has only been a few days, and I am already ready to go back! She will crawl/scoot a few feet, but she does not do it too often, as she is still not a fan. What she is a fan of though these days is going from tummy to sitting; we can hardly keep her on her tummy anymore, and then from sitting to pulling up. Before she could pull-up if she kind of "climbed" up something, but now she can do it and anything and everything. Since she has been loving to stand for a while now, she really enjoying being able to do it whenever she wants. She has also gotten pretty brave and will let go to reach to grab onto another piece of nearby furnitire; she will reach down to pick something up, and she has just barely started "cruising" (walking, or for her taking a couple of steps, while holding on to something).

The real entertainment however has been in her crib. She now views it as her personal playground. Monday morning while she was supposed to be napping I found her standing up in her crib for the first time; this is what started the pulling up on everything. Since then, we cannot keep her laying down in her crib. She is flipped over and on her way to sitting or standing before we can even get our hands off of her. We watch her through the crack in her door, and it is hilarious to watch her maneuver around! Unfortunately, she is also biting the crib rails, so I went out today to get some guards/covers. I am amazed at the damage she has done in just a few short days! She has had countless very ungraceful falls; I am just waiting for her to really hit her head hard. She has totally face planted a couple of times, but fortunately, she hit her mattress and not her crib. Because she is so busy moving all around, she has fallen asleep in several odd positions. First of all, let me say since that nap Friday morning, she has been sleeping pretty regularly on her tummy. We have also found her sleeping sitting up, bent in half, with her head between her feet. She slept that way for a nap for two hours! She has also attempted to use her bunny as a pillow while she is standing and will put in on the rail and rest her head. Then tonight we found sound asleep sitting straight up with her head resting on the padded cover I got to protect her rail! She fell over right after I took the pic, so I helped her get comfy in a normal sleeping position.

I have a feeling the entertainment will just continue as she grows and develops!

First time I found her standing up in her crib

So proud of herself!

You can barely see her sitting up with her head
resting on the rail. (I was trying not to wake her up)

I sneaked in for a close up. Notice she still has her bunny;
she makes sure that travels around her crib with her.

After settling into an actual sleeping position.


I also had a very nice first Mother's Day. It was a pretty laid back day, which was very nice. We went to lunch at Panera, hung out around the house, and then went to my parents' for a nice dinner. Cecilia did a great job picking out my present and liked it so much she kept trying to take it back!

Sitting outside Panera

Looking at Daddy walk up with the food.

With her new "big girl" sippy cup.


Sleeping on your tummy leaves marks on your face!

Admiring the necklace she gave me.



Still hanging on to it

It was very hard to get this pick without her grabbing it.
Those are pearls, which are her birthstone. How thoughtful!

Chillin' with Daddy before going to dinner.

Sitting with Mazie looking at books in her room before bedtime

Today, Cecilia, Marilou, Brendan, and I went to story time at the library. I had never been to the Lou main library; it was beautiful. It looks like a big museum type building downtown. Anyway, the kids seemed to really enjoy it; we sand songs, read books, played, etc... Cecilia and Brendan both did a really good job of paying attention; it was so cute! I think we will try to go back frequently - esp since it was free!






1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like you don't have to worry about her gross motor skills at all! I bet she will be walking in no time. I can't wait to see y'all next weekend!