Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Baby's One! - updated


We are now back from vacation and have settled back into life at home. As I said before, Cecilia turned one the day before we left. It was a busy couple of weeks leading up to her party and then leaving for vacation early the next morning, but it was all worth it. We had a wonderful day with close friends and family celebrating the day our little lady was born. I just can't believe she is one already; it feels like it was just yesterday when she was born, but then at the same time, it feels like she has been a part of our family for forever.

I timed her party perfectly (or thought I did). She usually gets up from a nap around 2:30, so I planned it for 3:00. Well, of course this was the day she decided not to sleep! I was so worried she was going to be a bear at her party, but she was great and surprisingly showed very little stranger anxiety. She LOVED eating her cupcake, and pretty much devoured it all!

Cecilia also had her 1 year appt this week. She weighed in at 19.9 lbs (25%) and 29 inches (50%). She also had a follow-up appt with the developmental therapist, and he was VERY pleased. She went from the 15 percentile in gross motor skills to 86 in just two months! It just goes to show that what they say is right, "Every baby develops at their own pace!"

Waking up so happy!

The giant cupcake cake I made.

The fam!
She LOVED her cupcake!
Don't let us taking a picture interrupt you baby girl!
All done and not too messy!
She didn't mess around; most of it ended up in her mouth!

Gift opening. Cecilia sat in that chair for quite a while.
I was impressed.

Meghan and Chase helping play with the gifts.
Jenna and Mason enjoying the gift openingFamily photo opps!

My grandma gave me this rocking chair for my first birthday,
and my parents had it fixed and refurnished for Cecilia's birthday.

Ending the day with a little snuggle time with Daddy.

No comments: