Cecilia has also been enjoying the rest of the summer; I can't believe it is almost over! We went to up northern KY one day to have lunch with my aunt and cousins and go swimming. We also had a another birthday party for her, which was a joint pool party for all four of the Camp babies that were born last year. Of course, it was on one of the hottest days of the summer! But at least it wasn't raining. It was a great turnout, and I think everyone had a good time. Cecilia also went to the zoo for the second time (the first was when she was only a couple months old) with my mom's side of the family. She got a little nap in while walking the zoo and woke up just in time to play in the splash park. We've also been trying to hit my parents' pool as much as possible. We went yesterday as a family and dunked Cecilia for the first time! After getting over the shock of going under, she ended up signing "more," so we did it a couple more times. Cecilia will also sign "more" in the bath tub after we pour water over her head! I think she is destined to be a water baby!
It is so fun to watch her grow and develop. I know I say this alot, but she is at a really fun age now. She is learning so much, so quickly! She says socks and shoes now, and will "attempt" to put them on her feet. She also grabs her head when you ask where her hair is, and will help comb it in the mornings and after baths. It is the first body part that she points to on herself. When we get her out of bed, she will put her bunny and pacifier in her drawer (while we hold her). She also likes to "help" with her diaper changing. If I give her a diaper or clean wipes to hold, she will "attempt" to wipe herself and put on her diaper.
At my aunt's having lunch with Chase
Playing in the water at the splash park at the zoo.
That is Marilou chasing Brendan in the background!
No comments:
Post a Comment