Friday, September 25, 2009

15 Months!

Cecilia had her 15 month check-up today. She has definitely gotten old enough now to know what's up. Every time someone else was in the room with us, a tech or the doc, she got very fussy. She did not want them messing with her. She didn't even want to be measured or weighed, which has never bothered her before. She weighed in at 22.75lbs and 31 inches, so she is still in the 25% for weight but bumped up to 75% for height. I am pretty sure this is the first time she has ever been over 50% for anything. I guess she is her father's daughter! She got two shots, and I pretty much had to hold her down, which broke my heart. And she kicked her legs after the first one to the point of kicking off her shoe. I have a feeling this is just going to get worse for a while. We got home and she crashed right away, so I think it wore her out!

I have mentioned her phase of carrying things around before; well, that habit is still going strong. It is the funniest thing. There are a couple examples below.

Cecilia learns new words all the time, and it seems like when she learns a new one, she uses it all the time for a few days. "Baby" was her word last week. I don't feel like we use that word much around the house; she only has a couple dolls that up until the last week or so she hasn't paid much attention to. I don't feel like it is a word we taught her; she just picked up with it on her own. And I am amazed at what all she has connected the word to. Right off the bat, she recognized babies in all shapes and forms - dolls, pictures, real life babies, hard plastic figurine like babies, etc... We are also working on saying "please" now, and it is so cute. It comes out like "peas," and she says it so sweetly and with the biggest smile b/c she knows something good is going to come after it.

With Daddy watching the UK vs UofL game.

Carrying around her "baby"

Carrying around a bottle of Stainstick

She accomplished this feat in less than unsupervised two minutes.
So far it is the first and only time she has done it. I caught her
right before she was about to move to the next drawer!

Carrying around her bottle of marinade she swipes out of the fridge,
which is now ruined b/c I forgot she had it yesterday and
found it in her drawer this morning!!!

This is how baby usually gets carried/dragged.

No comments: