Friday, March 5, 2010

ABC, 123!

Once again, I apologize for the slackness in posting. Christian just installed a card reader on our desk top last week, so I am hoping that will entice me to blog more. Many of you probably do not realize this, but it can take an hour plus to get a post up! And doing it on our laptop with the little missy running around just does not work too well; her little fingers reach the keys; it takes forever for pictures to load, the battery dies after no time, etc... Long story somewhat short, I can blog much easier on the desk top, and now, it has the capability to read my memory card!

Cecilia continues to be a joy in our lives. Once again, I will talk about her blossoming language skills, as that continues to be her biggest milestone. She says 3-4 word sentences/phrases now (granted the first word is often the person she is talking to like "Mommy, help please." or "Daddy, I love you." She can recognize some letters. I have a Gap sweatshirt that says GAP in big letters; she knows that it says Gap, and can tell you the name of each letter. She knows B is for Brady. And her newest feat, she can count to six! That has been one of my favorite milestones; it makes her seem like such a big girl!

She is really starting to seem like a little kid now. She understands so much, and I feel like I can really talk to her now, like a kid. She likes to laugh and play more like a kid too; sometimes we just crack each other other when we play together!

On the down side, she has had a double ear infection for about a month now! She just finished her third antibiotic, so hopefully, it will take care of it, or we could land ourselves at the ENT looking at tubes! Of course this has made her a little more challenging to care for, as her symptoms have been irritability, not wanting to eat, whining/crying, and not sleeping well at night! So my patience have definitely been tested the last few weeks. It has been hard b/c after each anitibiotic she seems to get a little better, so I think she is cured, and then the behavior starts again, and I just don't know if she is sick again (which I think surely not!), or if she is just 20 months. So we go back on forth on whether to take her to the doc b/c we don't want to be those people, but then we eventually take her, and the ear infections are back!

Here are some pics from the last month!

We made a trip to northern Ky to visit Chase and
make a trip to Trader Joes!

Then we went on to Dayton to visit my brother and his family.
Here she is with Alexandra; Cecilia LOVES big girls and
will do whatever they want! They started out playing on
this chair, and then they ended up
"resting" which is what you see here.

Then Cecilia fell asleep! I could not believe it!
She slept like that for about 15 minutes!
Playing the drums with Rock Band

The gang playing Rock Band; Brendan is the dancer!

And of course we had to make a trip to the indoor pool!

Hanging with Brendan


Mason came for a visit

Playing with Daddy and Mason

Cecilia got new big girl bedding! This is a picture of
her playing "night, night" with Bess, while we had
it all laid out in the living room. The teapot duvet cover
is new, and the quilt was my grandma's!
They go perfectly together!

Here is Bess "waking up" by Cecilia yanking her by the hair!

Here is a better shot of the pattern; we do not plan on
moving her any time soon, but the bedding was on sale,
so we grabbed it!

She is my little helper! She is feeding Elise her green beans!

No comments: