I always have such wonderful plans and ideas of things I want to do and accomplish, but many of them do not happen. I love all the handprint and footprint paint your own pottery stuff and made both girls an ornament with their footprints for their first Christmas's, but I have always wanted more! However, I am so not an artist, and I end up getting frustrated and unhappy with my work, and then you add two small kids to the mix, and you have a big ole mess!!! But I grabbed a Groupon a couple months ago to MAKE myself do it, and I talked my mom into going with me to help with the kids while I paint! My plans were to make a Christmas platter to use as decoration and for our cookies for Santa, but I saw a really cute Halloween idea when I got there, so I changed my mind and did Halloween and will go back for Christmas!
Lily was a little (ok maybe alot) hesitant to let the lady paint her foot.
She was not a happy camper.
Using Cecilia's thumb and finger prints to make the little black cat.
We forgot to get the camera out for her footprint.
Our finished project (before it goes to the kiln).
Two little witches with a black cat and crescent moon!
It could be better, but overall, I am pretty happy with it!
One with the whole gang!
Mom got Cecilia her own little "square" to paint to help
keep her happy while I worked!
I'll take a picture after I pick it up next week to show the final results!
No comments:
Post a Comment