Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another Busy Weekend!

This last weekend was probably one of the busiest we've had since Cecilia was born. It started with Halloween on Friday. She wore her Halloween "Little Pumpkin" shirt that my grandmother gave her during the day, and we had lunch with the Renner ladies (my mom's side of the family). That evening, she dressed in her Pumpkin costume that I got for $2.50 at the consignment sale the day of Windstorm 2008! We ended up passing out candy with our neighbors and having a big party in our court, complete with a bonfire and later in the night a Whities and Taco Bell run! It lasted until the wee hours of the morning with the ladies drinking wine at one house, and the men playing poker in the basement of another. Having to be responsible new parents, we brought Cecilia home around 9:00 and put her to bed. Brady offered to stay in with us, but I encouraged him to go back out since he had been enjoying himself so much. I didn't see him again until around 2:00 a.m.!

Getting ready to head out to pass out candy!


The end of the night!




Saturday, Cecilia made her first trip to Huber's Farm. Since she didn't know the difference, we figured we'd go after Halloween to miss the huge crowds. It was absolutely beautiful weather!!! We went with my parents, Marilou, Chad, and Brendan. We went apple picking and bought squash to make baby food for Cecilia! And of course, we had to do some wine tasting!



In the apple tree!






Sunday, Brady, Cecilia, and I headed to Lexington to see the O'Dwyer's and meet little Mason, who was born on Oct 28. It was a great visit and am so happy they are all doing so well! Mason is such a cutie! We visited at their house for a while, and then went to Carrabba's to see Sean and have lunch with Jenna and Sean's parents. It was all delicious, and of course, we all ate WAY too much!

The mommies and babies!


Jenna, Sean, and Mason outside Sean's store


Cecilia getting in a catnap at Carrabba's


Cecilia and Mason


Brady and the babies!



Yesterday, Monday, was Marilou's first day back to work, and in turn, my first day with Brendan. It went great, and both babies were very good. I wish every Monday will be like that, but I have a feeling they were just being nice and easing me into caring for two infants under 5 months! Cecilia also found her feet for the first time yesterday! I knew it was coming b/c she has been lifting her legs up in the air quite a bit the last couple weeks!

Grabbing her foot yesterday!

No comments: