Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Not quite ready!


Cecilia's bald spot!

We had yet another fun family weekend, and as usual, Cecilia had a few more firsts! The last week or so she had been getting up some during the night, waking up early, and wanting to eat more frequently. So I thought she might be ready for some solid food. Saturday we tried cereal twice, and it went okay. The first time was much better than the second; she didn't enjoy the second at all - lots of fussing! And of course that day, she went her usual 4-5 hours between meals during the day and slept all night, not waking until her usual time. I am thinking that was her way of telling me, "Okay, okay I'll cooperate as long as you don't put me through that again!" So that, along with having a busy few weeks ahead of us, I decided to hold off a bit. I have decided it is kind of like what my mom told me about make-up when I was a young teen, "Once you start, you gotta keep it up, so wait as long as possible before starting!" And from our experience on Sat, feeding a baby solids can be quite a production and take alot of work! Her knocking the bowl out of my hand and into her lap didn't help! I'll probably try back again when she is 6 months, which is what is recommended anyway. She has also stayed on her old routine, so she is no longer showing any signs of needing anything more. It was probably just a growth spurt!

Sunday was a beautiful day here in Louisville. It made it to about 50 degrees and was sunny, although the breeze was a little chilly! We decided to take advantage of it and start hanging our Christmas lights. Notice I said "start." Apparently, our trees grew quite a bit in the last two years (we didn't get the lights up last year with me being prego, working two jobs, and feeling awful!), so we had to make a run for more lights, and still ended up short! Cecilia enjoyed the nice weather; she just loves being outside (I am sad for the winter to come!).

Christian also put together her exersaucer Sunday night; that was more of an ordeal than we thought. Cecilia likes it alot; She tolerates it longer and longer each time. It is so fun to watch check everything out and try to figure out how to get to everything!

She has also been working on rolling over from back to belly the last few weeks and is getting very close. The last week I have been thinking it could be any day now. This morning she was the closest she has ever gotten. She got her hips completely over but couldn't get her shoulders over.

Her first cereal experience!


What are you doing to me?



All done!


Helping put up the Christmas lights! (See the lights
on the tree!)



Enjoying a Sunday afternoon outside!


Supervising the neighborhood! (She is facing that way
b/c we were trying to keep her in the sun without it
in her face!)


Just a cute pic with Mazie!


Checking out the exersaucer!




Almost there!

No comments: