Friday, February 13, 2009

8 months old! (mid Jan to mid Feb)



Today Cecilia is 8 months old, and it is also Friday the 13th! Cecilia was born on Friday the 13th! I can't believe she is 8 months old already. For some reason this has been the hardest age for me, as it sounds so much older than 7 months. I feel like at 8 months they are no longer little babies, and that one year is right around the corner!

Even though it is hard for me because she is getting older, she is also bringing more and more joy to our lives. I feel like I say this at every age, and I am sure it will continue as she gets older, but she is at such a fun stage right now. I can see the changes in her with everyday, and it is amazing to watch her figure out the world!

She continues to tolerate tummy time more and more, and just this week she has started moving around on her tummy. She is by no means crawling, but she will push herself around on her mat to get to other toys. She mostly moves in a big circle, but it is movement!

We are still phasing out the pacifier; it continues to go well. I can only think of one time that she has had it out of her crib in the last month. We always put her down without it, but if she is having a hard time going to sleep or wakes up and has a hard time going back to sleep, we will give it to her. Last night she went without it all night for the first time! She seems to get it more at nap time, as she fights going to sleep more during then.

She doesn't have a doc appt this month, so I took her on the scale with me a couple times this week, and I got 16.5 lbs one day and 18 lb the next. I think the 18 lb is probably more accurate. She is still wearing some 3-6 month clothes, but is moving more and more into 6-9 month. Some brands go to 6-12 months, and those clothes are still huge on her. We are currently finishing out the last few size 2 diapers, and I can tell her feet have actually grown some this month! Her 0-6 month shoes almost fit well now! However, her 6-12 month ones are gigantic! I got her a pair of adorable pink satin ballet slippers early in the fall that were 0-3 month; I was hoping she would still be able to wear them around Christmas, and of course she did with plenty of room. Now I am hoping I can still squeeze them onto her feet for Easter! I don't think I will, but we'll see!

It is getting harder and harder to get these pics!




No comments: