Christian was out of town this past weekend, so the girls and I headed up to spend the weekend at the Harbour House with my parents. It was a relatively quiet weekend. My sister and Brendan were there Friday, and my mom had some friends over Sat night, but other than that it was just us. Cecilia loves the boat and does great on it; Lily not so much. She just doesn't understand and does not like being confined, so she often does not go, or if she does, she only last about 5-10 minutes before someone has to stake her back to the house. But the boat was already in the water, and with such a small group it was easier to take her out. Since we only had three adults (two of them being women that do not usually do much with the boat) and two kids, we were all busy helping in one way or another, so I sat the girls together while I backed the boat out (my dad was on the dock pushing the boat bc the water had gone down so much the boat was semi stuck). It was a little chaotic, but it went fine, and when I turned around I saw this.....melted my heart!!! My mom said that as soon as the boat started moving, Cecilia grabbed Lily with a death grip - probably bc of my crazy driving! She was protecting her! She is such a sweet big sister!
It was so hot like a high of 107 that day, so we HAD to get in and swim around. Cecilia loved it; Lily thought it was okay - again, I think it was a life jacket thing.
Cecilia "pulling" mom and dad.
A little snack after swimming.
Worn out!
I know they look unhappy in this picture,
but they were both just super relaxed!
Lily stayed like that for quite a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment