Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our new spot

So I posted a while back that we sold the rocker that was in Lily's room to make room for something else.  Well, here it is!  We got a big table to go in there for the girls to color at, do crafts, puzzles, read, etc...  Cecilia loves to do all of that stuff, and Lily now LOVES to do anything Cecilia is doing.  I used to set Cecilia up at the kitchen table, but it was kind of a pain to clear everything off, get out the vinyl table cloth, set everything, etc...  And now Lily can climb up on the kitchen chairs, so she'd be right up there with her, and Lily is not ready to handle being at a big table.  So I really wanted to get them something, but also have it in a place where we'd really use it (i.e. not the basement).  So we opted for Lily's room.  I also wanted a big table - big enough that they both have enough room for all of their "stuff" and not be on top of each other.  This was hard to do as most kids tables are pretty small.  I ended up finding one online at Costco.  It wasn't exactly what I was wanted (wood), but it definitely works.  I also got a rug to go under it to catch the messes - again, it is not what I was looking for as far as colors and designs, but finding ones that size was hard the price was right and it matched.  So it is what it is - functional!:)  I also have a really cute old wardrobe that I got at a yard sale that needs to be repainted and put in there to hold supplies, puzzles, etc...  That will come later once I decide what to paint it! 

We have had the table now for about a month and have used it many many times.  I love it.  However, crafts and such are still quite interesting with Lily.  She is up and down and all over the place after the first 5 minutes.

 Play-dough

 Looking at a book.
Yes, Lily is climbing on some box!

 Playing with dabbers.

 Notice where all of the supplies are.....
out of Lily's reach!;)

 Cecilia's artwork.
The paint is not really showing up though.


1 comment:

Jenna said...

LOVE IT!!!! (actually read these a few days ago on my phone and was having a hard time commenting).