Cecilia kind of had a hard year at school last year (being shy, not talking, etc...), so last spring we decided we would go ahead and make the switch to St. Aloysius for her last year of preschool. Hoping it would make the transition to Kindergarten much easier. The preschool classroom is right next door to the Kindergarten classes, it is the same carpool line, and she will have some of the same kids in her class. It was a hard decision as we did love her last school, and the schedule for St. Aloysius is not totally ideal. It is MWF from 12-3 - right at nap time (she still at leasts "rests" everyday and probably actually sleeps 50% of the time), and Lily is usually still sleeping at 3 too. But we weighed it all and decided this would be the best decision for Cecilia, so we did it!
Cecilia has been semi-excited about starting school all summer, but definitely not all over the moon begging to go or anything. Well, then one morning last week we had this conversation:
C - "Mommy will you come lay with me for a minute."
Me - "Sure honey."
C - "Ok, let's talk about something."
Me - "Ok, what do you want to talk about?"
C - "Let's talk about being scared about school."
So I knew then she was more nervous than she had been letting on and as we were talking about it more and more, she was getting more nervous. We had an orientation/playdate at school last Friday, and that seemed to really put her at ease. She seemed much more positive about it all weekend and even excited at times - telling anyone who would listen that she was "going to school!"
I was so proud of her yesterday. I told her I would walk her in the first day to do pictures, and then after that she had to do the carpool line. And she did great! She was so busy looking all around the classroom checking out all the decorations, she wasn't even concerned about me leaving!
Her new back pack.
We had to get one big enough for a binder this year!
All ready to go!
Sweetie pie!
Walking into the classroom checking everything out.
Looking a little nervous.
By her cubbie!
And yes, there is a Brady in her class!
Checking the hand washing chart for proper technique!
And yes, those are fairy wings on her back - her all time favorite
shirt, so I knew it would make her happy to wear
it on her first day!
And yes, those are fairy wings on her back - her all time favorite
shirt, so I knew it would make her happy to wear
it on her first day!
Looking at all of the letters on the walls.
Still checking out the letters!
I finally caught her attention to get a picture and tell her good-bye!
When I picked her up, I could tell right away by her mood that she had a great day. She even told me she made a new best friend, Ruby. They apparently played on the playground together and were even sitting by each other at pick-up. Cecilia told me the little girl was crying when they were inside, but when they went outside she was happy. And I had noticed that specific little girl was having a really hard time with her parents leaving that morning, so it warms my heart a little that Cecilia maybe took her under her wing and helped her have a better day! My sweet sweet Cecilia!
Lily on the other hand did not have such a great day. My plan was to put her down for her nap right when I got home from dropping C off, which I did. However, Lily played (and then cried) until 2:25. This was her at 2:40, when I had to wake her to get C!
2 comments:
I'm so glad she had a good day! That's funny there is a Brady in her class :) And Lil Lil is cracking me up with both her baby dolls! Yeah for a great first day!
Yeah Cecilia!! So glad her first day went so well. Meghan also loved seeing Lily use the ladybug pillow!
Post a Comment