The girls love to play outside and ask to go out quite a bit. I don't mind the pool one bit in the summer, but being outside, not at the pool is just simply not fun for me! But I still try to get them out there as much as possible. Where we play outside depends on the time of day! In the morning we play out back bc that is the only time of day it is tolerable out there as it gets full sun most of the day. And in the afternoons/evenings, we play right out the garage, where it is shaded....or at least where I can stay where it is shaded! Our water table used to be on our deck, but it is just too hot out there most of the day, so I moved it to the garage for the summer (there was already a bunch of stuff in there preventing Christian from getting his car in there, so why not add to it!). Anyway, we play out there quite a bit, and it is a pretty nice set-up. We have shade, I have a chair, we have concrete and grass, we have a sidewalk for bike riding and sidewalk chalk, a hose, etc...
So last week we played with frozen colored blocks! It was my first time doing it (I got the idea from that play blog I follow), and the girls really liked it. Unfortunately, they were small, and it was hot, so they only last about 5 minutes or so. I want to do it again and will use bigger things to freeze them in next time.
Lily checking them out!
Playing in her shades!
C stacking them.
And in the water table they went. L trying to "catch" one.
It became Cecilia's mission to squeeze and break them
making them melt even quicker!
No comments:
Post a Comment