I LOVED our family pictures we used for our Christmas cards last year. I loved the location and was very happy with the pictures. The photographer I used came from a Groupon, and while she wasn't my favorite person to work with, I really liked the pics. So I checked with her a while back to see if she had any specials or anything coming up, and nope, she didn't. I debated back and forth on what to do...book her anyway and pay full price, just use a pic I take around the house or something, try to take nice pics myself, etc... Well, honestly, it is quite an ordeal to do family pictures, so I decided pretty quickly not to do that this year. In the end I decided to try to take the pictures myself. I know nothing about photography or how to edit pictures (both things that are on the never ending list of things I'd like to do though), but I do have a nice camera and cute kids. So figured if I got lucky with the lighting and the kids cooperated, it'd be easy peasy to at least get a decent enough shot worthy of our Christmas card, right?
If only!!! Fortunately, both girls were pretty well behaved that morning, and I allowed plenty of time to get ready, so their would be no rushing and franticness. But from the minute we started taking pictures Lily was holding her hand up to me, turning her head, and saying "No cheese Momma. No cheese." Well, that just set a wonderful tone. And Cecilia is at this awkward fake smile, do a funny thing with my neck, look anywhere but the camera phase, so between that and Lily just not wanting to participate at all, it was less than fun!
We were probably there about an hour and a half, and I took probably close to 200 pictures. I pulled out all the stops too - singing, dancing, funny noises, snacks, lollipops, etc...! I was pretty frustrated in the end and was confident I left with nothing. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see a few decent ones when I got home. Here are some of the decent outtakes, so just imagine what the rest looked like!
The one I ended up using is not on here bc it is a surprise! But I am very happy with it. It shows both girls' personalities, they are looking at the camera, have genuine smiles, and are naturally posed pretty cutely! And I'll forever have the memory of our "fun" morning out there together when I see it!;)
Cute, but I'd like C to be looking too.
And frankly, L is kind of getting strangled!;)
One of C's awkward ones.
I just LOVE the way L looks at Cecilia.
Lily was sitting on the grass eating pretzels at this point.
Walking to our next location.
L falling and getting up thinking it is funny.
Waiting for L to get in position.
Cecilia apparently needed pretzel sticks too.
At that point, I did not care who was eating what as
long as everyone was happy and cooperating.
Watching an airplane go by.
Still pointing at the airplane.
Kind of cute, but WAY too bright.
Not sure what happened there.
Back on the porch with lollipops bc "they did such a good job";)
Working hard on those lollipops.
Knock, knock!
No comments:
Post a Comment