Thanksgiving Day was great. I LOVE LOVE LOVE family and family gatherings, and our holidays are usually full of hustle and bustle from one event to the next (which I love, but is also exhausting, esp with two small kids). So this year (especially since Christian had been out of town and busy working on the kitchen), we tried to keep it simple, and we ended up keeping it VERY simple, and it was so nice! We woke up Thursday and had an easy laid back morning, watched the Macy's Day parade (C is now my new parade buddy - she LOVED it!), and then we packed up a lunch and headed to the park. The high was in the 60's, and it was sunny, so it was perfect. We played on the playground for a while, had our picnic lunch, and then played some more. Then we came home, the girls (and Christian napped), I caught up on some shows and made dessert, and then we headed to my parents for dinner.
And of course, I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked at dinner....well, I guess I didn't really take any of our actual dinner!
C headed down the slide!
Getting ready to go down again!
Both girls wanted to sit by Daddy!
C was in charge of watching the "red button" and was supposed to let
us know when it popped! L enjoyed "helping."
L was a little afraid of the turkey at first. She walked into the kitchen,
and Bam! there it was right at her eye level. She was
not sure what to think, but got over it pretty quickly when
she realized C liked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment