Monday, December 15, 2008

Big night out!

Cecilia stayed the night at my parents' for the first time Saturday night. After thinking about it, I realized that was only the second time since she was born that Christian and I had gone out together and left her - even for a few hours! It was much harder on me and her than I thought. After Christian's work party, we ended up going back to my parents because Cecilia wasn't going to bed for them. We debated on just taking her home, but I was able to get her to sleep pretty easily, so we decided to leave her there. I guess she is old enough now that she knows what's up; she did not enjoy her bath (which she usually LOVES) and did not want much to do with her morning bottle (she is just getting over a bottle strike and she has NEVER gotten a bottle first thing in the morning). All in all, I think it went well for our first night apart. I think we will probably do it again soon, so she can continue to get used to being over there by herself - esp since she is starting to have some stranger anxiety.

Saturday was also Cecilia's half year birthday! I can't believe half a year has already passed! I am going to wait to post her 6 mo pics and stats until after her 6 mo check up, which is next Monday. However, Christian took her on the scale with him last night, and she weighed 15.5 lbs, but who knows how accurate that is!

Also, last Tuesday Cecilia's second tooth popped through! It is of course, her other bottom front tooth. I am really glad they came in at the same time - kill two birds with one stone! They are pretty much even now and so cute! You can see them sometimes when she smiles, and I love it!

She has also tried oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and apples since my last post. She pretty much just likes the fruits and veggies. She ate the oatmeal a little better than rice cereal, but not much. So I just usually sneak in a tiny amount of cereal to her food, and she will eat it that way.

Sunday, we had a Camp family Christmas party at my aunt's house on the river. It was about 30-40 people and a great time. Of course, I forgot to take any pics until the end, so I didn't get many. Here are a few of our "standard" pics we take when the babies are together!


Brendan (3 mo), Chase (6.5 mo), and Cecilia (6 mo)
All in Christmas red!


Chase (happy as a clam!) and Cecilia (less than thrilled)


Papa with his two newest grandbabies!

No comments: