After a few more failed attempts with rice cereal, I decided to move onto something else to see if food itself was the problem, or if she just didn't like rice cereal. So end of last week we tried bananas (with a tiny bit of rice cereal), and by the end of the second day, she was eating it wide mouthed and making hardly any mess. I thought we were over the hurdle! So we moved on to pears over the weekend, and it ended up being half and half with rice cereal. Well, we were back at square one! She started doing what she did with the rice cereal - sitting with her mouth open with the food, going "ehhhhhh ehhhhh," and then spitting most of it out! I tried a couple more times, and then just did plain pears, and guess what? She ate them up again just like the bananas! Baby girl apparently doesn't like rice cereal, and you better not try to sneak too much in, or she'll let you know!
Don't have a video of her eating really well yet, but here is one of the last attempts of plain cereal, and her first attempt with bananas. You can already see the difference! My battery died on the second video, so I wasn't able to get much.
We've also got a toofer! After a few rough nights last week, I took a good look and feel in her mouth thinking it was either another ear infection or teething, and luckily, it was the latter! I didn't feel anything, but I saw two little white spots where her bottom front teeth would be. Sunday, you could actually see one breaking through, and then today you can even feel it! How exciting! It is a little sad though.......another major milestone that just means she is getting bigger and bigger! Can't get a good pic of it yet, but I will be sure to get one later. But here is just a cute pic after her bath yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment