Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nice days

We have had some REALLY nice days this month. So we have tried to take full advantage of them. I had decided to take the girls out for a long walk after nap one of those, but of course Lily took an extremely long nap that day (which she NEVER does), so Cecilia and I resorted to the back yard. We ended up having a really good time, and Lily even joined us once she got up!

I have also been on a mission to come up with some "projects" for Cecilia. For whatever reason, she has never been good at just "playing." I think I have said if she could she would spend the day following me around talking to me! So I have learned if you set her up with a few things or an activity, play time lasts much longer, and she usually doesn't want to do the same thing too much, so we have had to get creative.

I have been saving all kinds of containers to re-use for kids
storage, toys, games, arts and crafts, etc...
Cecilia found some baby food jar lids one day and called
them "coins." So I made her a "cow bank"
(instead of "piggy bank" bc it was a yogurt container
with a cow on the front of it!) with a slit on the top
for all of her coins.

Choosing rocks for her "collection."


We bought these caddies at the dollar spot at Target.
My initial plan was to use them for arts and crafts, but before I
was able to get them put away, Cecilia decided she wanted
to take them outside and use them to carry her
grass and rock collection.
And yes, she has on a headband, tiara, and bow,
which all got put on at nap time.


Sorting them.


Lily woke up and had her snack on the deck with us!

No comments: