Yesterday Cecilia had her 4 month check-up (1 week after her 4th month b-day). It went well, and she got another great report. She was 13.65 lbs and 23.5 inches. She is up to 50% in weight and 25% in length, so she continues the trend of catching up with each appt. Her birth weight and length weren't even on the charts! She also got two more shots; she did not cry at all with the first one, so I was hoping to get by easy, but she more than made up for it with the second one. She screamed longer and louder than ever. For the first time in her life, I had to wipe away tears! It was awful!
Her doc said she was right on target developmentally for 4 months, and that she is not even needing her extra 5 weeks she is given for being born early! Cecilia continues to love her hands and will suck, lick, and chew on them throughout the day. She has rolled over from belly to back some. When she does it, she does it very easily. However, she hates tummy time, so only being down there for a couple of minutes before she starts fussing doesn't give her much time to practice! Her most recent favorite toy is a toy bar with a kick pad that makes it light up and play music (a hand-me-down from her cousins!). She was very fussy yesterday after her shots, but that toy still made her happy. She spent 45 minutes being entertained by it! She also continues to love going on walks in her stroller or sling.
Cecilia is sleeping through the night regularly now. She started doing it a few weeks ago, and it quickly became a pattern. It has now been a week and a half without a mid-night feeding! She usually gets her last feeding btw 8 and 10, and then gets up for the day between 6:30 and 8:30. It has been great, but for some reason I still feel as tired as I did getting up all night! Maybe it is because I still get up to check on her several times and that I usually get up once to pump? Hopefully, I will feel more rested as time goes on!
Personality wise, Cecilia continues to be a very content baby. She rarely ever really cries and just fusses some when she is hungry or tired. She is very happy and smiles all the time. She even wakes up in the morning cooing and smiling! You'd think she'd be screamin' and starvin' after 11 hours of not eating, but not her! I'll hear little noises through the monitor and go in to get her and find her smiling and kicking! I read somewhere recently that God makes many firstborns good babies b/c if not, no one would have any more kids! Hopefully, our next will be just as good!
Here are a few pics from the last months (sorry I couldn't figure out how to flip the two at the bottom!):
4 month pic (had to lose the pillow this month!)
Sitting with Daddy and Mazie before bedtime! I can
see alot of Christian in her in this pic.
Her first day in jeans, and this is the shirt I chased in
windstorm (the spot to the left of her is a reflection from a
mirror hanging on the side of her crib!)
With Brendan at my parents' house
No comments:
Post a Comment