Monday, October 27, 2008

Lots to share!

Last week was a big week for Cecilia. It seemed that had been gradually developing for a while, and then all of a sudden she kind of "took off." Like I had said in my previous post, she had rolled over a couple of time here and there, but nothing consistently. Well, starting one night last week, we can't keep her on her belly! She rolls over so fast that I can't even get my hands off of her from putting her down before she'll starts to roll over! I really think she does just to get out of doing tummy time! My mom has warned me that she thinks Cecilia is going to give me a run for my money and try to outsmart me when she gets older, and I think this might be her first attempt! Every time she rolls, we just put her back on her belly, so she hasn't outsmarted me yet!

Cecilia also finally started wanting to bear weight on her legs; I have been waiting a while for her to do this. She tries to push up now when she is sitting on your lap and will stand for a few seconds. She is also getting closer to intentionally reaching for things. She will do it now, but I think it is still half accidental and half intentional. I guess the days of her being content just sweetly sitting still on my lap will soon be over! She continues to love her hands and "talking." Last week she took a particular liking to her index finger and thumb on her left hand. For a couple days, I found her intently sucking on the two of them together quite a bit. I am curious to see if it will be a trend. Her laugh is also starting to sound much more like a real laugh, instead of a joyous cooing sound. Unfortunately, last week she also started having some trouble falling asleep at night. I am hoping that is a phase that will be over soon!

We also started doing some of her baths in the big tub. She loves to kick so much and was making such a mess in the kitchen in the tiny baby tub that we put her foam teddy bear thing on the floor of the tub with a couple inches of water, and she just loves it! She gets her little arms and legs going like crazy! It is bad on my back though, so I might still do some in the kitchen sink before she gets too big for it!

Sunday she went to her first birthday party as well; it was her cousin once removed, Jaxson's, first! She slept through most of it though!

Here are a few pics to capture the week and a short video of her rolling over!

With my cousin's baby, Chase, at the b-day party


Holding hands! - Just before this pic, Chase was
trying to get Cecilia's hand in his mouth!



We added Brendan (obviously not too happy) and
the birthday boy!


On Daddy's lap, yawning after waking up from her nap.


Sucking on her index finger and thumb!


No comments: