Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A trip to South Carolina! - Oct 10 to 12

Cecilia had her first airplane trip over the weekend. We headed to SC for my friend Jill's baby shower. I was little nervous traveling with Cecilia by myself and wondering how she'd do on the airplane, but of course, she did great! She pretty much slept through every flight. She only started fussing when we would taxi to the gate b/c I had to disturb her to get our stuff together! The hardest part was having to carry her the whole time and figure out how to get stuff in and out of my bag, go to the bathroom, order and eat food, put on my seat belt, etc... I was very fortunate that Sara has several babies in her family, so I did not have to pack ANY baby gear, which made it soooo much easier!

We went to the SC State Fair Friday night for fair food. Cecilia tried her hardest to ignore all the noise and managed to sleep through most of it. The shower was fun; Jill got lots of great gifts, and we enjoyed lots of yummy brunch shower food and punch! Saturday night, we went to Jill's parents' house for dinner and great company! Luckily, Cecilia slept really well the whole weekend too! She slept through the night - both nights! I had to kind of wake her up at 7:30! Of course the trip went by way too fast, and I wish we could have all stayed longer. And of course, I forgot to take pics! Here's the one I took, and a few of Cecilia today (since we are still in the 80's!) in one of the several beautiful smocked dresses that Chappell, Sara's sister, gave us over the weekend to borrow:

At Sara's before the shower


Sitting pretty!


Being done with the photo session!


A shot with the cute bloomers!

No comments: