Saturday, March 24, 2012

Coloring rice!

Cecilia and I colored pasta a few months ago, and it went okay. The pasta we used was Smart Taste or something like that, so it did not "take" the color as well as I was hoping, and bc of the size I did not really want Lily playing in it since she tries to eat everything! So I have been wanting to color rice for a while, but wanted to wait for nicer weather bc I knew it would be an outside activity. I bought a 25lb of rice at Costco this week, and we colored it yesterday - Lily even helped for a little while! And then we laid it out and let it dry and played with it this morning. Both girls LOVED it and are anxious to get back at it!

Dumping all the rice in the container.
How pretty!

Making some sprinkles with an old seasoned
salt bottle. And yes, our grass is THAT long.
Christian got the front and side done last night, and should
be doing the back tonight - hopefully!


Lily getting into it.


She was a wild woman in it!


This was her favorite thing to do with it.
Grab big handfuls and then throw it
up in the air! Our deck is now covered
in colored rice!

1 comment:

eapawsat said...

I love the braids!!! Hope you had sunscreen on that sweet little one...LOL!!