Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Grammy turns 80!

My last living grandparent, my dad's mom, Grammy recently turned 80! All of her children threw her an awesome birthday party with all her family and close friends. It was perfect weather, and everyone had a great time. It was really busy though keeping up with both kids in the big crowd, and I realized when I got home, I did not get as many pictures as I would have liked...isn't that always the case!?! I didn't even get one of the birthday girl!:(

The party was at a clubhouse, and there were ALOT of people there. So everyone was divided up into a few rooms, out front, out back by the pool, etc... The girls are so lucky to have such wonderful cousins to play with and help take care of them. Cecilia is old enough now to run and play on her own with the big kids, but I am still often finding myself walking around looking for her, making sure she is okay - especially when it is somewhere new. So Christian and I spent most of our time either chasing Lily or taking a minute to grab a bite, chat with a few people, and then checking on Cecilia. I love family get togethers, but at this phase, I feel like alot of times we are just there in spirit bc we are so busy with the girls while we are there (mostly Lily!)

Christian chasing Lily (who did not stop walking
the ENTIRE party!)


Venturing into the parking lot.


Being rescued from the parking lot
(yes, with a stick in each hand)


Meghan (my cousin Beth's oldest)
reading a book that she brought Cecilia.


Harrison (Beth's middle) and Elijah (my bro's youngest)
playing some top like spinning game that is apparently
very popular right now!


Cecilia with her cousins!


Girl time!:)

No comments: