Cecilia is usually very slow and meticulous with everything she does - except coloring! She finds joy in going real fast and coloring hard and one color on top of the other over and over again. Bc she does not like much interference, I just let it go and figured she would get better and decide to control herself over time. Well, we have been around my cousin Beth's family a few times over the last couple weeks, and her family is full of artists! Chase, who is Cecilia's age, can color better than most kindergarteners - heck he probably can color better than me! Beth has joked that she is going to enter him in as many "age divided" coloring contests and start his college fund! So anyway, they colored several times together, and he referred to Cecilia's coloring as scribbles multiple times, but I did not think it bothered Cecilia or that she even knew any different, and she kept going about her business. And then this week, I have seen a HUGE improvement on her coloring skills. She is sitting and coloring with precision and control, and REALLY enjoying it. I told Beth if a little peer pressure it all it takes, we'll be up there all the time!;)
I am really excited about this, and I think learning to control herself (and slowing down and taking pride in her work) is going to help in so many other ways!
Here are some pics of her progression:
Last week.
Even this is an improvement from
what she had been doing.
Even this is an improvement from
what she had been doing.
Last week as well.
Last night.
This morning.
Look at my little lefty!:)
Look at my little lefty!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment