Christmas seems to come early and early every year, and with having a young one in the house, the Christmas excitement started a few weeks ago. I have a firm rule though not to doing any Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving. After a busy Thanksgiving week, I was looking forward to relaxing on Sunday and getting the house back in order, but with Christian's enthusiasm, we decided to go ahead and at least get the tree up. As soon as the tree was put together, Cecilia asked about Baby Jesus (referring to her Little People navity set), so I brought that up for her, and she spent the LONGEST time playing with it. I love that the first thing she thought was Baby Jesus. I think I have mentioned it in previous posts, but I really want to make a conscious effort as the girls continue to get older to keep the "true meaning of Christmas" (and all the other holidays), and seeing that makes me think we are starting off right! We decorated the tree while Lily was napping, and Cecilia just had a ball! She loved it last year and even more this year! We were not sure how the "tornado" was going to be with the tree, but she has actually left it alone! I saw her touch it yesterday and then quickly pull her hand back, so I don't think she liked the "needles."
So of course, we broke out the Christmas jammies that night - which I LOVE! I wish I had enough sets for the girls to wear them every night in December!

You'll have to click on these dark ones to see.
The first thing Cecilia did with the nativity scene
was put Baby Jesus and Mary in the stable and play him
"his music." (when you push the angel on top,
the light comes on and it plays "Away in the manger"
She said that "Mary takes care of Baby Jesus and gives him
his milk. And Jospeh takes care of all the animals."
She came up with that all on her own.
She sat and watched them like this for several minutes
playing the music over and over again.

Playing with the whole set. Notice the angel is off the top.
She decided a unicorn would be better, and
Baby Jesus is now a girl.

Another new season tradition! Cecilia LOVES to wash her
hands, and she gets excited when new soap appears.
All through the fall, when anyone would come
over, she would off them her "jack-o-lantern" soap to try.
I ordered our Christmas soap a few weeks ago, and it has
been sitting on my dresser waiting for the season.
She was so excited to try it, and SMELL it!

Cecilia and Lily's first Christmas footprint ornaments,
and my first Christmas ornament is hanging to
the left of Cecilia's!

Christmas jammie photo opp!
That is Baby Jesus in Lily's hand and
Mary in Cecilia's.

Trying to get Lily to sit for a picture.

So then we tried next to each other, but nope!

Playing with the nativity scene together.

Lily having a ball!

Daddy and his girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment