Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How big is Lily?....

Sooooo big!......If you remember, Lily dropped in percentiles at her 9M check-up (from 5-10% to less than 5%), so her doctor wanted to do a a 6 week weight check instead of waiting until her 12M appointment to see her again. She was around 13.5 lbs at her 6M appointment (I can't remember exactly, and she is bed right now, so I can't check!) and 14.6 at her 9M appointment - so about 1lb in 3 months. Well, I am pleased to announce she was 15.4 today! So almost 1lb in 6 weeks! Yay, for Lily! Now, she did not go up in percentile with this, but she did maintain. Looking back, 6-9 months is when she started purees (and remember, she was never a real fan) and started becoming very mobile (burning alot more calories), and then starting around 9M she went from 2 meals a day to 3, and started getting finger food regularly (which she loves!). We could tell that she had been getting bigger the last few weeks. She just looks bigger, and some clothes that she had been in forever are getting a little snug. After her 9M appointment, I had made the goal for her to hit 16 lbs by her first birthday, and it looks like that is going to happen! 16 lbs by her first birthday??? Sounds crazy, right? Most babies are 16lbs before they are even 6M!

Here are some shots of her I took while we were playing outside yesterday!

This is the look I get all the time!


I love this one bc I can see her little cheeks!
Not an angle you see alot in pictures,
but one I want to remember.


I think this one is really neat bc you can
clearly see me in her eyes (literally!).
You may have to click on it.


She was very busy checking out all of the leaves.


What a cutie!


I am not sure why the lighting got weird in this one?
Otherwise, it could have been really good.


Looking up at the tree.


Trying to eat the leaves...


and discovering they do not taste very well.


Studying the leaf!

No comments: