Friday, October 7, 2011

Had to share


As I have mentioned in earlier posts, if Lily gets up at 6 or later in the morning, I go ahead and stay up for the day. Even though I am tired, I never know when Cecilia is going to get up, and I HATE falling back asleep, only to get woken up a few minutes later. So anyway, she got up at 5:30 this morning I fed her, and at 6:00 she was still laying in my arms wide awake. So I put her back in bed and debated what to do myself. I decided to stay up since she was still awake when I put her down (I figured I'd be back up with her). So I made myself a cup of tea and settled into the computer for a few quiet moments and caught up on some blogging. Well, guess who comes bounding out about 30 minutes later at 6:30?!? Cecilia! She usually does not get up until 7 or 8, so I was hoping for a bit more quiet time!;) But it made me glad I decided to stay up since L didn't fall asleep until about 6:15. Anyway, I set Cecilia up on the couch while I finished some work on the computer. I looked over a minutes later (bc it was quiet) and noticed she was gone. Then she came running out of her room with a look of shock on her face. She has gotten into the habit of opening her own blinds in the morning. So she came running out saying "Oh no Mommy! The sun was rising down, and it is still dark outside!" She was simply amazed at the fact that it was morning, yet still dark. She even wanted me to go look out her window to see. Then she noted "Mommy, we cannot go for a walk right now bc it is dark outside." You could just see the wheels turning trying to figure out how this could happen. It is a nice reminder of all the things we take for granted and how much they still have to learn about the world!

No comments: