Sunday, October 16, 2011

My dare devil!

Cecilia can have a fairly shy and reserved personality at times; her teacher even calls her "quiet." This is a far cry from the crazy Cecilia I see around the house on a daily basis! Since she was teeny tiny, she has always enjoyed doing "dare devilish" activities - swinging, going down water slides, jump houses, gymnastics, tubing, etc... I have never had to persuade her to do anything; she is always very eager to try something new. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised with her grandfather being a fighter pilot and both Christian and I having a fairly "no fear" attitude (I was much more of a dare devil in my younger days!), so I guess it's in the blood! But I am still always so proud when I see her have the courage and confidence to "take the plunge!"

We went to a birthday party Friday night for my cousin's son, Jaxson, at Incredible Dave's. We met them at the "bungee" section where they told us the group had it for the first hour of the party. Jaxson was doing the bungee when we walked up, and Laurie, his mom, asked Cecilia if she wanted to do it. Being at a new, busy place, I really expected Cecilia to just shake her head no, and possibly try it later, but nope. Her eyes got big, and she shook her head yes, and headed right over to one. She ended up doing it twice, and LOVED it! This video is at the very beginning; she ended up going much, much higher later!




Here are some other pictures from the fun night!

After some encouragement (and bribery),
Brendan tried it and loved it too!


Going down the big inflatable slide.


Watching the pirate bring in the birthday cake to
the birthday boy!


Excited about her face painting with Papa and Brendan.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Where to begin? LOVE the video. Looks like SO MUCH FUN! And your dad's rocking the Go T!!! Oh and love the new look of the blog :)