Thursday, October 27, 2011

These days

These days if you drop by our house (Jenna) during the day, you will rarely find Cecilia in regular clothes. I usually dress her in regular clothes in the morning (unless we are having a lazy day at home and she'd prefer to stay in her jammies), but at some point during the day, often at nap time, she chooses to change into a leotard and/or tutu - some other type of girly accessory. These pictures were taken after nap one day a few weeks ago, and yes, our grass was really THAT long! With all the rain we have had this fall, it has been like spring time with keeping up with the grass cutting (our backyard also grows MUCH quicker than our front - it has full sun!) It has been hard for Christian to keep up with it between it being wet, his work schedule, and our busy fall schedule! Christian's mom brought her a whole fairy costume over the weekend to add to the collection, so I'll have to snap a picture of her in that soon and post it (she actually has it on right now napping!)

And here's a big surprise....I just ordered the girls matching Christmas outfits complete with tutu's and leg warmers! I am curious to see what each girl will think about them. I don't think Lily is going to be a fan of the tutu (or it will be a toy), and I am not sure how Cecilia will like the leg warmers!


Hanging on the deck.


Yes, the leotard in on inside out.


She is trying to feed Mazie grass,
Mazie is not impressed.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

So I guess I was so 'out of it' Monday that I didn't hear that C wasn't in the gymnastic fit before nap. When talking later that night with Auntie about how much I love the girls so filled me in. It will never get old. :)

eapawsat said...

Glad to see C really enjoying the tutu. It didn't get as much love from Meghan!!!! Her naptime wardrobe changes remind me of the napping baby images one mom made of her baby, creating detailed scenes etc. http://www.urlesque.com/2010/07/26/milas-daydreams/

C is very creative!

Sarah said...

Beth - did you make that tutu? If not, where did it come from? And did you notice Meghan's cupcake jammies C had on in the video playing with Lily?