We started the season, yes Valentine's season, with some hand towels she picked out for her bathroom (since she is ADDICTED to washing her hands) from the dollar spot at Target and some Valentine's stickers and foam things from the dollar spot as well. LOVE the dollar spot!
Then over the weekend we made her Valentine's to take to her friends at school today, and she decorated the bag to take them in. We picked out her special Valentine's outfit - I was going to let her wear that red and white tutu from Christmas with the striped leg warmers and red shirt. And last night she helped me make, pink pancake batter to make heart pancakes this morning!
She went to bed beautifully and fell right asleep (which is unusual and should have been my first clue). Then JUST as I was closing my eyes to go to sleep around 11:00, she came running in our room and without saying a word climbed into our bed and cuddled up - she was burning up hot!!!
I knew it had to be coming. Lily and my parents were sick over the weekend, and the cough Cecilia has had since about Christmas had been getting worse over the last couple days. She woke up yesterday morning feeling a little warm, but seemed fine the rest of the day.
So anyway, that was the beginning to a LONG, LONG night (not to mention I was up most of the night the night before last with Lily being sick). We did not make it back asleep until about 2:30. Cecilia is a great sleeping buddy when she is not sick, but when she is, it is ABSOLUTELY miserable to sleep with her. She wants to sleep practically on top of me with as much of her body touching mine as possible - keep in mind she has a high fever, so she is burning up hot (and I am a hot sleeper and like my space while I sleep). She also was congested and breathing through her mouth....right in my face, coughing every few minutes....right in my face, etc... My neck hurt, my back hurt from trying to contort myself in a comfortable position - it was awful!
Of course she did not go to school today, so we are home. I am exhausted, but of course both girls are running around like mad women!!!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!:)
They are boxes of conversation hearts
with her thumb prints saying
"'Thumb' body thinks you are a
sweetheart!"
Quick update: Soon after I posted this Cecilia started a coughing fit complete with all kinds of gagging that pretty much lasted about an hour. She just got worse and worse, and my gut said she needs to go to the doc. In their usual awesome fashion, my doc got us in right away. I had 15 minutes to get all three of us from jammies to out the door - and we made it! During this time, C just got worse and worse reassuring me I was doing the right thing. All the ladies at the office took one look at her and felt so bad for her. Her fever had started to go back up at this point too, so she was shivering along with non-stop coughing, gagging, runny nose, red watery eyes, etc... The doc called her a "hot mess." Along with all of her respiratory stuff, she has a double ear infection. So the doc started her on an antibiotic, oral steroids (which last time she was on them made her very hyper and irritable - yay!), and she increased her breathing treatments. Just as we were about to leave, my gut told me to have her look at Lily too since she is still very much in the middle of her cold and not sleeping great (but generally her happy usual self), and guess what??? Double ear infection for her too! Her first ever! Yay! Poor Cecilia though, this may be the most sick I have seen her - or close to it. By the time we got home (which she fell asleep 2 min after getting in the car), got something to eat, picked up her meds, etc...her temp was 104.9!!! And she wasn't even due for next round of ibuprofen yet! Of course, I gave her some though! Both girls are in bed now and hopefully take very long good naps!!!
Definitely not what I planned for Valentine's Day!!!:)
Definitely not what I planned for Valentine's Day!!!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment