Monday, February 13, 2012

Lily Speaks

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, Lily has been saying "mama" for a couple months now. At first we weren't sure if it was "mama," "more more," or even a just a sound. However, it is quite clear now that it is in fact a word, and it is "mama." "Mama" was definitely not one of Cecilia's first words. I remember it was quite a while after she started to talking before "mama" was added in (it was even after "daddy"). I used to joke that it was because she didn't need to say it bc "Mommy was always there for her!";) Well, Lily feels like she needs to say it All. THE. TIME!!!:) It is her go to word if she wants/needs anything (out of bed, more food, wants me back in a room, if she closes herself in a room and wants out, etc...). And she says it in such a fiesty little way "Ma-ma! Ma-ma!" I have tried to get it on camera a few times, but of course she stopped before I could get it. I got a decent one the other day and tried to post it, but blogger would not let it load.:(

Another that Lily has been doing for a while is saying "hi!" She will say it to people as they pass us in the grocery store and will wave along with it. It is so cute! Because she is so little, most people think she is much younger, so I have had lots of people stop and say "Did she just say 'hi' to me?" She started doing this about a month or so ago, but over the last couple weeks, she has REALLY gotten into it. She waves (which is often accompanied by "hi") anytime she might think it is appropriate - when someone appears to be leaving or coming home, when Cecilia gets up in the morning, when she goes to bed at night, when she stops in a store and then turns around the other way and runs, etc...

She also says "dada/daddy," "I love you," and "Cecilia." "I love you" is often shorten to one word and sounds a little like what Cecilia used to say "Abu." And usually the only time she says "Cecilia" is when it is "Hi Cecilia." She is probably saying more words, but we just haven't realized it yet!

As far as other communication, she still uses a little sign language. We noticed just recently she will sign "milk" often when she wants it/thinks she is going to get it, and she will still do "more" and "finished" some - but it is usually just repeating us. And she is quickly perfecting the finger pointing along with grunting form of communicating!

Oh! And she gives kisses (has been for a couple months), but she just started blowing kisses this week - complete with the sounds effects!

I just tried to upload another video from a couple nights ago of her waving and saying "hi" and "I love you," But Blogger is not cooperating - again!!! I'll keep trying to get one up though.

For now, I will leave you with a cute baby bottom picture from the other night!

No comments: