Monday, February 20, 2012

Playing with water colors!

One of the things I ordered a few weeks ago from Discount School Supply is several bottles of water colors. We have had fun experimenting and playing with the over the last couple of weeks. They are kind of like bottles of food coloring, BUT they are washable. We did the spray bottles first. I figured it would get pretty messy, so I waited for a nice day outside. It did not really surprise me that Cecilia pulled the trigger slowly and wanted to stand really close to the paper - making an even bigger mess and a not so pretty "spray." But she had fun! The dropper activity went fairly well, but ended up getting pretty messy when she decided that pouring the water back and forth was more fun than using the dropper. I also learned in both activities that next time I will dilute the water colors - with the spray bottles, it will make them "go" much further, and with the dropper, the colors won't be so concentrated and dark. The blue just kind of took over!

Picking her color - pink of course!


The look on her face after her first "spray!"



In usual Cecilia fashion,
she tried to keep them clean at first.


More cleaning


More cleaning!
The "pretty" sprays on the paper are from me trying
to show her how to do it, but she was content doing
it her own way.



Lily watched from afar at first.


But since this activity was such a hit, it went on for some
time, so we just went with it, and Lily was all
in the middle of it!


And as you can see, she liked to lick on them!


Cecilia's hands afterwards!


Deciding to pour instead of using the dropper.


Stirring.


Dropping red into blue water.
(they got more diluted as time went on bc I kept dumping
the glass and adding fresh water).


Making purple!


Lilly running a muck while Cecilia worked!

No comments: