Monday, April 4, 2011

Pick your battles

Cecilia was having a rough afternoon today, which is a nice way of saying lots of fits!:) It had been raining and stormy most of the day with the temperature dropping. So she came to me while I was in the kitchen all excited with her shoes on wanting to play in the backyard. I was about to tell her no bc it was cold and rainy, but I then I thought to avoid a fight and make her feel like she was making the decision I opened the back door and said, "Okay, but I don't know if you want to go bc it is cold and raining." I figured she take one look and stay in, but nope she marched her little self out there. Then I though as soon as she felt the rain, she'd be back, but no! She went out in the yard and played about 5 minutes with no coat or anything! She came back in fussing saying, "I need an undrella (no not a typo), mommy. I need an undrella to keep me dry." Poor little thing, I had her strip down right inside the door and got her new clothes. Fight avoided though, and she learned a lesson! Win, win.


On her way back in, feeling the rain with her hands.


Not happy bc her shoe fell off
(you can see a glimpse of it in her back hand)


Telling me about needing an "undrella."

No comments: