Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Flooding!
Like I mentioned in a previous post, it has rained like crazy here the last several weeks. And like many parts of the country it seems like we have been under a severe weather threat more than we are not! The Ohio River flooded a month or so ago, and my mom and I went and checked on the "Upstairs House," and I was amazed at how close it was. The river was also very angry that day, moving very quickly and violently; it was kind of scary! So then it receded, but is back up now. I went up with my parents Monday, and it is even closer than last time, and still rising! It was much calmer though. The pictures really do not do the flooding justice. I am bad at judging, but I would guess the river is usually about 100 yards from the house, and it is less than 10 now. We moved everything in the basement up off of the floor that we could, and moved the couch as far away from the door as possible.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment