Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cheerios anyone?

Cecilia has become such a big help around the house.  She is doing more and more and taking ALL kinds of initiative to do things on her own.  She often helps herself to a snack by pushing a chair over to the cabinet to get a bowl, and then will open the pantry get out what she wants, takes it to the table, and puts some in her bowl.  She gets out and puts away her and Lily's milk cups from the the fridge.  She will get out everyone's silverware and set it on the table, clear her spot after meals, picks out her clothes and jammies, dresses herself, puts her dirty clothes in the hamper, takes out and puts away her shoes, let's Mazie in and out the back door, feeds Mazie with no help, etc.....

She even helps Lily.  When Cecilia gets up in the morning (and Lily is awake, but not out of bed), she will go in Lily's room, turn off her noise machine and monitor, take off Lily's sleep sack if she has one on and puts it away (which I have never seen happen and think it would be very interesting to see how that goes down), will have an outfit and a diaper picked out for Lily sitting on the chair, and then she will turn on Lily's music and "do ballet" for Lily until I come get her.  It is so cute and sweet; sometimes I just watch from the door for a while.  Lily mostly loves it and runs around her crib all happy, but then after a bit she is ready to get up.  I am waiting for the day Cecilia tries to get Lily out of the crib; let's just hope that does not happen.  I think she knows better though.

This morning when Lily ran out of snack, Cecilia decided to
get some Cheerios out of the pantry for her while I
was out of the room.  Lily thought she had it made!

No comments: