Thursday, May 24, 2012

Some of the best days are unplanned

Tuesday my cousin Beth and I were supposed to go to Huber's Farm to pick strawberries - something I have wanted to do for years.  Well, we found out the day before that all the strawberries had been picked the weekend before, and the fields were closed for a few days.  And fortunately, the weather was going to be perfect for it with the high only in the low 70's!  Lily got up that early, and I didn't really have a plan.  I thought about going to the zoo, but it did not open until 10, and I knew it was not going to be a good day for a late nap for Lily.  So Cecilia asked to paint, and that started a really super fun day with my girls!  We painted outside, ran around the yard with Mazie, played on the slide, played in the sand box and blew bubbles all before 9:30!  I then put Lily down for a nap, put a movie on for Cecilia in my room (one of her favorite things to do) for her to "rest" bc I decided we would skip her nap, and head to the zoo for the afternoon when Lily woke up!  It was great weather at the zoo, and we had a blast!  We even stopped 
for ice cream on the way home!

 
The big girls painting!

 
Lily painting the paper, her chair, her face, her hair, etc...

One of their favorite games!

Lily down the slide!

Lily does not like to get "in" the sandbox.

  
Cecilia being silly!

Lily does SO well climbing the slide on her own.
C is not always so patient at waiting though.

Lily is REALLY starting to get into taking care of babies.
She put her in all by herself and is trying to reach 
the strap to belt her in.

  
It was quiet while I was making lunch. So I called out to C
and asked her what Lily was doing.  Her reply was, 
"It's okay Mommy.  She is just reading books with me."
So I looked, and this is what I saw!

Lily is really getting into giving hugs, so from that they have
both realized that Cecilia can pick Lily up.

They both HAVE A BALL and will do it over
and over again.  Fortunately, no one has gotten hurt....yet.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Love the book reading and the hugs. Must have just missed you at the zoo! We left at 3.