Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Derby Days of Fun!

This weekend is the Kentucky Derby - yay!!!  It is such a fun time around here!  Every year, I say I want to take part more in the festivities, but every year we do not.  Alot of the stuff is at night, Cecilia could handle that, but Lily is not pretty too much after 7.  So Christian or I would have to go by ourselves with Cecilia, so someone could stay home with Lily, so that takes away alot of the fun.  And then other stuff either costs a decent amount of money (more than $10 for the whole family is a decent amount of money in my book!), and they are so gosh darn crowded!  Excuses, excuses, I know.  Maybe next year, when both girls will actually be old enough to really enjoy the festivities, and Lily will be old enough to stay up later.

Anyway, Cecilia's school is celebrating by having Derby Days of Fun!  This is one of her favorite weeks of school.  They dress-up each day in a different theme.  Monday was pajama day, which Cecilia just got a kick out of!  Tuesday was hat day, and she picked out her "soft and cuddly" winter hat with fur on it (Beth - it was Chase's - red with white fur inside).  And then today was her FAVORITE - Wacky Day!!!  I remember last year, she did not really get it - why what she was wearing was "wacky."  But she got it this year!  She helped pick out her outfit, and we talked about why it was "wacky,"  and then when I suggested wearing two different socks, she about hit the floor laughing!  It was so much fun!  Then last night we talked about her hair, and I asked her how she wanted me to fix it to make it "wacky."  She said she wanted "one little ponytail, a braid, a bun, and a regular ponytail."  So that is what she got; she even instructed me this morning where she wanted each of them!

Of course, I did not think to take pictures until this morning, so I only have Wacky Day documented, but it is the best one anyway!

A view from the front.
A brown and pink striped shirt with orange flowered shorts.
One yellow sock, and one pink Abby Cadabby sock.


Her hair:
the little ponytail is in the front, then you have the braid
on the left, the "bun" in the middle, and the regular
ponytail on the right.
Now that I look at it, we should have done some crazy bows too,
but too late now!

No comments: