I was helping teach Cecilia's Sunday school a couple weeks ago at church. As the children are arriving, they are supposed to sit and do a coloring sheet. Well, one little boy started writing his name, and Cecilia got upset and said "I can't write my name!" And I said, "That's okay. You are still learning. I will come help you in a few minutes." To be honest, I have never really worked with Cecilia on writing her name. As I have mentioned in previous posts, Cecilia does not appreciate much "instructional" learning from me. If it is not her idea, she usually does not want any part of it. And she has never really been interested in writing her name. I have offered numerous times, but she emphatically tells me no! She does like to trace letters and connect the dots, so I will write some words for her sometimes if she asks, and I got her a few tracing activity books for Easter that she likes to do.
Back to Sunday school, so a few minutes later Cecilia calls me over, and asks if what she wrote was a "C" and I was surprised and said "Yes! Great job honey!" Next thing I know, she calls me over to check out her "E." And I am REALLY surprised and thinking that is as far as she is getting. So several more minutes go by, and I kind of forgot she was even working on it and thought she had probably moved on to something else, and I look at her paper, and she has her WHOLE name written! I was so proud of her. It was the first time I had even seen her write a letter, and she got her whole name. She continues to prove to me that she is more and more capable (in many areas) than she lets on alot of the times.
That night while going to bed, I asked her what her favorite part of the day was (something we often do), and she said "writing her name all by herself." How sweet! But can you believe, she has only done it once since! Anytime I suggest it, she doesn't want to for some random reason, so I try not to push it.
Here is a picture of the first time she wrote her name!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so glad she got to tell me about it on the phone! It's funny how C&C can be so different at times and so in sync at times.
Aunt Jenna is SO proud of her!!!!
Post a Comment