Friday, May 11, 2012

First Communion

 Last weekend was Elijah's, my nephew and godson, First Communion.  Planning was a little tricky because as we know the first Saturday in May is also the Kentucky Derby!  We knew we would not miss his communion; it was just a matter of deciding of whether or not to make a weekend trip or just a day trip.  So we kind of did a mix.  The girls and I went up Friday with my parents, and Christian stayed in town with Mazie, went to our friend's annual Derby party, and then drove up and met us in Dayton for the day on Sunday, and then we drove back with him.

I was very pleased that I remember to take both of my cameras and did such a good job keeping up with them all weekend.  I even took my nice one to Elijah's ball game on Saturday and got some great shots.  Do you hear a but coming on?;)  But of course, in the hecticness of packing up during the reception, I forgot my nice one up there.:(  So we will have to wait on those pictures.

And Cecilia is VERY excited about making her First Communion.  Apparently, she and my mom have been talking about it for a while.  When I told her we were going to Elijah's, she was a little disappointed because she thought hers was next!;) She also asked if she could wear a pink dress to hers!  As soon as she saw the first girl walk down the aisle with a pretty head piece on, Cecilia jumped up and said (rather loudly for church) "Mommy, I want to wear one of those at my Communion!"  Another funny thing is that Cecilia is of course very into "princesses" right now and apparently Tangled aka Rapunzel has a chameleon little friend, and Cecilia has been confusing the two quite a bit lately thinking it is really neat that both Elijah and Rapunzel have one.

Here are just a couple shots I got with my point and shoot (we were not allowed to take pictures during the ceremony):

The man of the hour with his wonderful family!
With his cousins and friends.

Cecilia and mommy!

Us at Alexandra's First Communion 3 years ago!

No comments: