Friday, May 11, 2012

My sweet girl!

I have only been a mom for 3 (kind of 4) Mother's Days, and they have all been really, really special.  My first if you count it since I was pregnant (which I do) was really neat because it was my first, and we were just weeks away from having our baby girl in our arms.  My second was great bc it was my first "real" one, and I got to spend it with my perfect, beautiful baby girl, and I got my pearl necklace (her birthstone) from Cecilia.  My 3rd I had just found out days before that I was pregnant with Lily, and we announced it to my parents that day!  And then my fourth, was my first with my complete family - both of my perfect, healthy little girls, and I got my tanzanite necklace (Lily's birthstone) from Lily.  Side note...I plan to offer both girls to wear "their" necklaces on their wedding days.....no pressure though!;)

Anyway, so not much can top those monumental Mother's Days, but Cecilia is sure trying (and the day isn't even here yet)!;)  She made some presents for me at school and was sooooooo excited about giving them to me.  We waited until after nap on Wednesday (her last day of school for the week).  She had me close my eyes, so it could be a surprise.  It was so, so sweet!  And of course the best part of all, was that she wrote her name on my card and on the gift.  I don't know why her writing her name has been such a big deal to me, but it just has.  I think because she has come so far over the last several months with her fine motor skills and because it is a HUGE step in becoming a "big kid."  I mean, being able to write, just opens up the world to you, and I am excited to start that journey with her.

My present all wrapped with her name on the bottom.
 
My card with her name on the top and my present.

Sorry for the bad angle.
Her present is a tile with her hand prints making a heart and says 
"I Love you with all of my heart. Even my ten little fingers
can't count the ways."

Here are some shots from years past!  Unfortunately, we must not have taken any the year I found out I was pregnant with Lily.:(
My first Mother's Day - it was unusually cold that year!
My first with Cecilia and my necklace!
My first with Lily and her necklace!   

No comments: